Noto Hiba Cypress
Noto Hiba Cypress Chopsticks
Certified as an Ishikawa Brand Product in 2016
Light, Fragrant, Untreated Natural Wood Chopsticks
Noto hiba cypress is grown in the Noto region of Ishikawa Prefecture, which has been recognized as a Globally Important Agricultural Heritage Site, and is the official tree of Ishikawa. For ages, hiba cypress has been known as a premium building material, and as a popular base material for Wajima-nuri lacquerware.
These chopsticks are made of Noto hiba cypress, making use of naturally dried wood from forest-thinning. In addition to its distinctive fragrance, this wood is also known for its anti-microbial, anti-odor, and anti-insect properties.
In 2016, these chopsticks were selected for Ishikawa Brand Product certification.
Noto Hiba Cypress
The official tree of Ishikawa Prefecture.
Known for its subtle fragrance. Contains hinokitiol.
Anti-microbial, anti-odor, anti-insect properties,
stress reduction, pharmacological effects,
antioxidant effects, and more
Advantages of Noto Hiba Cypress Chopsticks
• Enjoy the subtle, soothing fragrance of the wood
• Feel the fine texture of this naturally grown Japanese wood
• An environmentally friendly way to use wood from forest-thinning
• Made from the same naturally grown wood used for Wajima-nuri lacquered chopsticks.
• These chopsticks help contribute to preserving the mountains and sea.
Notes for Use
• These chopsticks feature a unique fragrance and contain unique natural compounds. If you experience an allergic reaction, rash, or other sensitivity, or are concerned about any of these, please do not use these chopsticks. If you experience any abnormalities while using these chopsticks, discontinue use immediately.
• Each pair of these chopsticks is made by hand. As a result, there may be subtle variations in color and size. (These variations are not considered adequate cause for a return or exchange.)
• Though their anti-microbial properties help these chopsticks resist mold and darkening, it is still best not to leave these chopsticks submerged for long periods of time.
• Wash and rinse well before storing.
Project for the Revitalization of Ishikawa Regional Lumber
Chi-25-1 Jichu-machi, Kanazawa-shi, Ishikawa 920-0341
• For Adults — Approx. 23.5 cm long
Thickness at widest point:
A (thick): Approx. 8.5 mm
B (medium): Approx. 8.0 mm
C (thin): Approx. 7.5 mm
¥500 per pair_
• For Children — Approx. 18 cm long
Thickness at widest point: Approx. 8.5 mm
¥400 per pair
• For Cooking — Approx. 30 cm long
Thickness at widest point: Approx. 9 mm
¥600 per pair
Made in Japan